The Goal of CPDC’s vision is "Zero defects, Zero Accidents, and Zero Pollution". Over the years, CPDC has striven for improvements in the quality of products and services to meet the expectations of our customers and shareholders. We firmly believe that environmental protection, health and safety regarding our clients, employees, suppliers, contractors, and local communities form the foundation of CPDC’s sustainable development; and we actively achieve the goal by responsible governance.
We expect that our suppliers uphold the same spirit and vision of sustainability with us, not only valuing society and complying with laws and regulations, but also proactively responding to environmental protection, industrial safety, and social issues in daily operations. Furthermore, we expect our suppliers to be accountable and continuously improve in management toward sustainability. Therefore, we expect all of our suppliers to accept, implement, and support the following standards of environment, society, and corporate governance (ESG).
- Comply with all regulatory requirements for environmental protection.
- Promote safe and recyclable products that are produced, transported, used, and recycled in an environmentally friendly way.
- Protect the safety and health of employees and residents in local communities.
- Adopt energy-saving technologies to reduce energy consumption, exhaust, wastewater, as well as groundwater and soil pollution.
- Reduce the impact on biodiversity, climate change and water scarcity.
- Commit to United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights & internationally recognized guidelines to respect and protect the rights of all kinds of labors, including temporary workers, migrant workers, part-time students, contracted laborers, direct employees, and any other types of labors.
- Maintain freedom of association and the freedom to discuss working conditions.
- Strongly oppose the use of forced labor, child labor, and any form of discrimination (including but not limited to gender, age, race, religion, language, and nationality) at the workplace.
- Follow all regulatory requirements for occupational health and safety and take necessary steps to prevent accidents and injuries caused by work.
- Keep trade secrets among partners confidential to strengthen the transparency of business integrity.
- Strongly oppose any acts of corruption and ensure that personal relationships do not affect operational activities.
- Strongly oppose money laundering.
- Proactively communicate with the stakeholders on related matters (or material issues) and strive for the social prosperity.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Commitment Letter outlines the guidelines and CPDC's commitment to the society to make sure that all of our suppliers abide by the same guidelines.Suppliers’ response will be taken into consideration in our procurement strategies, including the evaluation of suppliers' performances, and determination of future partnerships.